Welcome to the
Pacific Marine and Estuarine Fish Habitat Partnership
Supporting priority habitat conservation work for juvenile fish along the Pacific coast
The Pacific Marine and Estuarine Fish Habitat Partnership (PMEP) is one of 18 nationally recognized partnerships that seeks to advance regional and national goals relating to juvenile fish habitat. PMEP supports existing efforts in targeted priority areas and encourages new efforts to:
- Protect and maintain intact and healthy aquatic systems
- Prevent further degradation of fish habitats
- Reverse declines in the quality and quantity of aquatic habitats
- Increase the quality and quantity of fish habitats that support a broad natural diversity of fish and other aquatic species
Our vision is to provide for healthy native fish populations in functional, resilient estuarine and nearshore marine ecosystems in California, Oregon, and Washington.
Our mission is to work with partners to protect, enhance, and restore ecological processes and habitats within estuaries and nearshore marine environments to sustain healthy native fish communities and support sustainable human uses that depend on healthy fish populations.
Our priorities are to protect, restore, and enhance:
- juvenile fish habitat in nearshore marine and estuary habitats;
- tidal wetland-intertidal-subtidal-nearshore connectivity; and
- water quality and quantity in estuaries and nearshore marine environments.
Links to our member websites:
US Fish and Wildlife Service Region 1 | NOAA Fisheries - Southwest Region, Northwest Region |
US Forest Service Regions 5 and 6 | South Slough National Estuarine Research Reserve | Makah Tribe | Yurok Tribal Fisheries Program | California Department of Fish and Game | Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife | Washington Department of Ecology | Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife | Pacific States Marine Fisheries Commission | Ducks Unlimited | Pacific Coast Joint Venture | The Nature Conservancy
Links to other national coastal fish habitat partnership websites:
Atlantic Coastal Fish Habitat Partnership | California Fish Passage Forum | Kenai Peninsula Fish Habitat Partnership | Mat-su Basin Salmon Habitat Partnership | Southeast Aquatic Resources Partnership | Southwest Alaska Salmon Habitat Partnership